cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency availability in Data Import

We are attempting to export and import Purchase Order Data, using the one off uploads, for overseas purchases, where our procurement system fails to provide SKU information with bi-weekly import, and the currency for the purchases is not USD.

We have a business adapter built to include this currency data with bi-weekly imports, however edits to the data needs to occur on occasion, once the initial import occurs.

Is there any ability for the PO Import Template to include a Currency field, or future plans for the one off uploads to hold this data? 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

TTaccini

(6) Replies

Good day, @ttaccini 

Today, the PO Import Template does not have the currency field.  It defaults any cost information to the Default Currency Code that you have defined in your FNMS/ITAM Settings.

If you are currently using a Business Adapter to import purchases with different Currency Codes, you will need to continue this process.  If you need to edit a purchase after it is imported, you can do this through the UI, or you can use a follow-up Business Adapter to modify existing purchases by matching on the PO Number and the Line/Sequence Number of the existing purchase.

Thanks kclausen,

That’s what I thought, was just hoping the grass was greener in the future working for a global company. Who knows, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed, and hope the future templates work better for global companies (can always hope!). Thanks again for your quick reply.

Hi,

Do we have any Templets for uploading the currency with PO's.

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga

@sreeramyenuga - The PO Template that is part of Flexera One does not include a Currency Code.  To import purchase data with different currency code requires you to put your PO Data into Excel or CSV format, and then create a Business Adapter to import your purchase data with the appropriate Currency Code.

Dear Kclausen,

PFA, The Purchase order uploaded through One of upload then after i try to upload through Business Adaptor mapped Purchase order and Currency code  but updating Purchase order not updating Currency. Could you please help on this. 

Thanks,

Sreerama Yenuga

@sreeramyenuga - Updating Currency Code is very complicated as you must link a Purchase to a Currency Exchange Rate.  Most customers would handle your scenario by putting your overseas purchases into a staging area and converting the purchase cost into USD.  You can then use the PO Template to import that data.

Here is an existing IDEA you can vote for to simplify the ability to use a Business Adapter to import Currency Codes.

https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/ITAM-I-156