cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating custom columns with text field

I need to create a custom column where i can enter additional information about the devices we have as a company. This will enable searching and sorting based off this new field. I would like to be able to add this to the All Inventory section of Flexera or the All Assets. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you.

(9) Replies

Currently, Custom Fields cannot be made available to the standard views within FlexNet Manager.

However, Custom Fields are available in the Report Builder Wizard, so you could create your own Custom Reports with your custom fields and they would then be available for sorting, filtering and downloading.

Luckily this functionality has now changed -  any custom properties that have been added to the object are also available through the column chooser. Like other standard properties, you can also use these new properties to filter and group records. 

Hi @Ebrkeita ,

If I understand correct, you want to create a custom field in the database. 

If you are on prem please check documentation:

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2019R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/FNMSSystemReference.pdf

Page 40, be aware that you need to run some SQL command again SQL server, also pay attention and do exactly as in documentation.

I for example had a request from customer where they demand that they have some VmWare have license key managed by one provider and other VmWare by other provider, and they wanted a custom field to be visible in All inventory tab and to can filter and see in reports.

Based on documentation I created a custom field with a drop down button visible in all inventory tab. I can confirm that this custom filed is also visible when you create business importers, also is visible as additional column and in report builder.

Also I used business importer to update this filed and is possible.

If you use on cloud solution I think you should contact Flexera support to help you with this.

Hi @Ebrkeita ,

I just read again your question, and I have some additional question. 

You say that you want to add additional custom field in asset or inventory, from where do you want to import this information, if this additional information are coming from CMDB import, you should add this field in asset property and extend your CMDB import to have also this additional field, if the field is coming from inventory import, then you should put this in inventory properties, depends from where you want to import this data.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I was really looking for a text box that we can add information to and search on. Please let me know if you have more information on this.

I am not sure if you can create a custom field that would go in a pre-defined tab on an asset. We created a new tab called details that sits below the General tab and above the ownership tab. Within that tab we were able to add custom fields to meet our needs. Capture.JPG

I don't know for asset but for inventory is working, i think is should work also for asset

Annotation 2020-02-06 164317.jpg

Hi,

Is this working on the latest version or does this work on 2017 R3?

If you create a text box, you should be able to use it for searching as well.