cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral

Team,

We are getting below IIS error in our beacon as agent is giving internal error 500. We are using 2021R1 on prem version.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

(1) Solution

Hey Chris , Issue got resolved. There was package distribution issue in application server. Post reconfiguration of application with config.ps1 script. All beacon has taken correct policy & started working. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a look at the following article to see if it gives any inspiration for what might be going on here: Known Issue: HTTP 500 and "Could not load file or assembly" errors may occur after upgrading a beacon to version 2020 R2.2 (16.2) due to web.config file not being updated (IOJ-2183358)

With that said, you're using a beacon version that is theoretically not affected by this issue so I'm not sure if that article will directly apply or help.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris G,

We are not getting same error. Our error is different from this thread.

Understood. But the error you are receiving suggests there may be some problem with details in the <assemblyBinding> section of the web.config file as is described in that article, even if the details of the problem are not exactly the same as the article.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hey Chris , Issue got resolved. There was package distribution issue in application server. Post reconfiguration of application with config.ps1 script. All beacon has taken correct policy & started working.