cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center & Corporate Unit

While implementing cost center and corporate units into our purchases I saw that this information didn't care over from the purchases to their respective licenses created from said purchases. Does this information not carry over from purchases to licenses?

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Cost center and corporate unit information on license records does not automatically get initialized based on similar details on purchase records. That is because while from an internal accounting perspective purchases may be associated with different parts of the business, from a licensing perspective the software publisher rarely places a restriction on how or where in the organization the purchased license can be used.

In situations where there is a restriction on where in the organization the license can be used or you need cost center/corporate unit details recorded on the license for some other purpose, these details can be configured on the license record explicitly once it has been created.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Cost center and corporate unit information on license records does not automatically get initialized based on similar details on purchase records. That is because while from an internal accounting perspective purchases may be associated with different parts of the business, from a licensing perspective the software publisher rarely places a restriction on how or where in the organization the purchased license can be used.

In situations where there is a restriction on where in the organization the license can be used or you need cost center/corporate unit details recorded on the license for some other purpose, these details can be configured on the license record explicitly once it has been created.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)