cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Replicate data from production to non production instance

Has anyone back ported data from product FNMS into a development or non production instance?  If so, what tools/options did you look at?

(4) Replies
Hi, is your question related to FlexNet Manager Suite (FNMS) or FlexNet Operations? You mention FNMS in your post. There is a separate forum for FNMS at https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager/ct-p/FlexNetManagerSuite.
lperez
By
Flexera Alumni

We have moved your discussion into the appropriate FNMS forum now.  

Hello, In my experience, the best way to replicate data is to replicate the whole FNMSCompliance database into the test or development environment. For this a full backup (*.bak) of the FNMSCompliance database must be created and transferred to the target instance. Simply rename the original database to e.g. FNMSCompliance_old. The following reconfiguration steps are then necessary on the imported FNMSCompliance database: 1. Optional: Reconfigure database names within dbo.ComplianceConnection_MT in the case FNMSDataWarehouse or FNMSInventory database has a different name in the target instance 2. Set host name of target instance (FNMS Processing server) via update command on dbo.BatchProcessor_MT table 3. Set FQDN host name of target instance (FNMS Processing server) via update command on dbo.ComplianceSetting_MT. The SettingName is "BatchSchedulerHostName" 4. Remove productive Beacon entry from dbo.Beacon_MT 5. Add "correct" Beacon with data from target instance dbo.Beacon_MT table (for this you need the FNMSCompliance_old database) including the BeaconUID, BeaconName, XML and so on I have attached a script for these update steps. That makes it easier. Please also note that it is best to stop all FNMS services before replication. I hope I was able to help you. If you need more information answer to this post.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a similar topic to what has been discussed in the following thread: FNMS 2018 R1 - Cloning Prod to Dev

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)