cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error on Beacon - The connection to FNMP succeeded, but the server did not respond to the test correctly

Hi,

So recently we change the password of our service account, updated the new on on Task schedulers, IIS app pools and services on app server and beacon server. 

When some of the system task didn't run for sometime, checked that password was not updated on Connections on inventory systems. then i have updated there as well. but still i am getting some error while launching the Beacon and also getting error when testing the parent connection with my app server

beacon error.PNG

parent connection.PNG

Errors:
Connection to parent inventory beacon....Failed
Connection to the parent download URL....Failed
Connection to the parent upload URL....Failed

The connection to FNMP succeeded, but the server did not respond to the test correctly

Any suggestion on this one.

Thanks,
Sushant & @brian_lentini 

(1) Solution

Hi All,

Issue has been rectified after checking the registries under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/ManageSoft Corp/ManageSoft/Reporter/CurrentVersion"

IncomingDirectory key was missing.
So we copied it from the CurrentVersionBak including the string values in IncomingDirectory key

Also we copied the string “ImportPluginDirectory”.

currentversion.png

we did the test connection and it worked. May be this one can be helpful to someone in future.

Thanks

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

I think you may have to re-apply a beacon config policy, if your downloading/uploading on the beacon using windows auth the change of password may have had an effect on this.

it's also worth checking the service account for the FlexNet beacon engine, check its using the correct service account/password

see the attached video, if you can try this for me and let me know if it works and then we can take it from there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-collins-7aa71a3b

I agree with dcollins.  First, have you tried restarting the BeaconEngine service?  If not, try that first, and then I would suggest you go into the Beacon UI and re-download and import the beacon config.  Perhaps, changing the password affected the configuration somehow.

@marcos_lara @brian_lentini 

beacon_status.PNG

Beacon is not operating normally, i guess reconfigure should work. 
I will give it a try.

Thanks

@dcollins @Jellou 

Tried re configuring the beacon, it now says the its operating normally and connected but when i see in the parent connection its failing to connect parent upload URL. though the provided URL is correct and exactly similar to the Download URL.

beacon_reconfigure.PNG

beacon_status.PNG

generally, if it can download it should be able to upload as the settings are contained all within the same config file.

try applying a fresh config, be sure to save the changes, restart the beacon engine and give it another go

the fact that the beacon page shows that it's connected and awaiting update proves that it can upload the status files to the FNMS instance

you may want to log a ticket if this does not work as its most likely starting to become abit of an enviromental issue which is best diagnosed on a webex

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-collins-7aa71a3b

As the URL is .local is the parent server in your environment?  If so, it might be worth checking IIS to see what authentication is required on ManageSoftRL.

If it's setup to use Basic Authentication then on the child beacon you may need to manually re-enter the password as the account has changed as 401 is usually incorrect username and password.

Doing re-configure beacon will generally work with cloud as it's token based authentication and this option regenerates the token but if the parent server is an On-Premises parent beacon or On-Premises inventory server then the local IIS settings could be manually configured and so will need checking.

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
If the solution provided has helped, please mark it as such as this helps everyone to know what works.

@sushant_narula wrote:

@dcollins @telldunkin

Tried re configuring the beacon, it now says the its operating normally and connected but when i see in the parent connection its failing to connect parent upload URL. though the provided URL is correct and exactly similar to the Download URL.

beacon_reconfigure.PNG

beacon_status.PNG

First, have you tried restarting the BeaconEngine service?  If not, try that first, and then I would suggest you go into the Beacon UI and re-download and import the beacon config.  Perhaps, changing the password affected the configuration somehow.

Hi sushant_narula,

Just my two cents,

#1.  Verify IIS on the Core server/Primary beacon that authentication is correctly set to anonymous for all three below.     

wernerb_0-1574250648887.png

#2. on your Beacon UI go to 'Configure Connection Manually' and go and type the new password.

#3. Save and test again

Hi All,

checked the anonymous authentication and it was disabled.
enabled it but still the same issue, i am working with support on the other hand.

Any other suggestions, re configuring is also done many times but now luck.

Thanks,
Sushant

Hi All,

Issue has been rectified after checking the registries under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432Node/ManageSoft Corp/ManageSoft/Reporter/CurrentVersion"

IncomingDirectory key was missing.
So we copied it from the CurrentVersionBak including the string values in IncomingDirectory key

Also we copied the string “ImportPluginDirectory”.

currentversion.png

we did the test connection and it worked. May be this one can be helpful to someone in future.

Thanks