cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Sharepoint to beacon server

Hi
We are trying to connect files from Sharepoint to the beacon server using a service account, does anyone know how we might go about this?
Thanks,
Liz
(8) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Liz,

What are you planning to do exactly? Running business import from these files?

Are the SharePoint files accessable via smb share?

Best regards,

Markward

Yes, we're hoping to load business files on the collective Sharepoint. I'm
not sure if it's smb accessible though.

I guess it's not exactly smb, but WebDAV. In the end you should have a path like this: \\sharepoint\sites\teamsite\documents to access your documents.

Not sure if the business imports does work with UNC paths, but worst case would be a script, copying the files form SharePoint, then running the busineess import.

OK, is it possible to set up a service account to run the import?

Hi,

It's hard to recommend anything without knowing the specifics in your environment. If you plan to access the file directly using the business import, here are some things to consider:

1. The user running the business import, will be used to access the file.
  2. The user running the business import is usually defined in the Windows Task Scheduler, assuming you schedule the import to run automatically.
  3. Therefore authorizing the FNMS service account to the file(s) sounds like an easy way to accomplish your goal.

If you go with an extra account (different form the FNMS service account), you either make sure it too can run the business import, or you create a staging script that will just move the file using the extra credentials.

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks. It sounds like using the FNMS service account is the way to go.

How would we go about running the script to copy the files from Sharepoint
to the business import file?

What is the script needed and where do we run it?

Well, that's stuff you should have people in your organization for or hire people like me ðŸ˜Š

😄 OK