cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed NetAPI discovery for device - - network path could not be found

I am seeing this same issue.  Support is not finding an answer.  I see this thread but the community did not post and solutions over the last year. This must be a common probably when setting up VMWare Discovery ?

Anyone have a solution  ?

Performing nbtstat discovery for device: ordxxxxxx
2022-06-22 14:16:54,390 [veryDevicePropertyScan|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Performing ARP discovery for device: ordxxxxxxx
2022-06-22 14:16:54,390 [.MacAddressScanInterop|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] The specified IPAddress '10.39.253.110' is not within the same subnet.
2022-06-22 14:16:54,390 [veryDevicePropertyScan|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Performing NetAPI discovery for device: ordxxxxx
2022-06-22 14:17:15,430 [overy.NetServerGetInfo|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Completed NetAPI discovery for device 'ordxxxxx' unsuccessfully: The network path could not be found
2022-06-22 14:17:15,430 [.DiscoveryTaskExecutor|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Completed Device Property Scan discovery for device 'ord3avcp001': DeviceName = "ordxxxxx", MAC Address = "", NTDomain = "" and WindowsType = 0.
2022-06-22 14:17:15,430 [.DiscoveryTaskExecutor|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Performing VMware discovery for device 'ordxxxxx'
2022-06-22 14:17:15,430 [.DiscoveryTaskExecutor|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Completed VMware discovery for device 'ord3avcp001': not discovered

DarwinH
(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Based on the subject of this thread, I'm assuming that you are specifically wonder what the following line of the logging indicates:

2022-06-22 14:17:15,430 [overy.NetServerGetInfo|PropertyDisco] [INFO ] Completed NetAPI discovery for device 'ordxxxxx' unsuccessfully: The network path could not be found

At a low level, the "network path could not be found" message is a status returned from a call to the NetServerGetInfo Win32 network management API to attempt to retrieve information that Windows is able to identify about the computer named "ordxxxxx".

The error suggests that the Windows operating system that the beacon is running on doesn't know anything about this name for a computer. For example, that may be because the computer name is not part of the same domain or network environment as where the beacon is running, and so Windows isn't aware of it.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)