cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete uninstallation documentation

Does anyone have any documentation or installation on how to perform a complete uninstallation of the product? I am talking about deleting registry entries and complete folder paths?

(2) Solutions

On Windows, after removing the agent manually from Add/Remove Programs or by running MSIEXEC, you can perform the following additional steps:

Delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageSoft (and all sub-folders).  If this does not exist, then the agent was installed in a different path.

In the Windows Registry, delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp  and everything below this.

Delete the C:\Windows\Temp\ManageSoft folder (this will contain LOG files).

If an account was used to install the agent (other than the SYSTEM account), then in the context of that user delete the folder %TEMP%\ManageSoft as this will have LOG files from the installation.

View solution in original post

A typical command line to uninstall the FlexNet agent (installed using the RPM package) on Linux is:

rpm --erase --verbose managesoft

If you want to remove further traces from the install (such as log files), you can also delete any left over files in the /opt/managesoft and /var/opt/managesoft directories.

For more information, search for sections in the Gathering FlexNet Inventory PDF guide that have the words "Uninstalling FlexNet inventory agent" in the section heading.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Can you clarify what component of FNMS you are trying to uninstall? As the paths change depening on if you are trying to remove the agent, beacon or one of the Servers. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

We are attempting to completely uninstall an agent. Filepaths, registry entries. Everything the agent creates on a device.

On Windows, after removing the agent manually from Add/Remove Programs or by running MSIEXEC, you can perform the following additional steps:

Delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ManageSoft (and all sub-folders).  If this does not exist, then the agent was installed in a different path.

In the Windows Registry, delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ManageSoft Corp  and everything below this.

Delete the C:\Windows\Temp\ManageSoft folder (this will contain LOG files).

If an account was used to install the agent (other than the SYSTEM account), then in the context of that user delete the folder %TEMP%\ManageSoft as this will have LOG files from the installation.

HI kclausen,

Great this information helps us greatly! Do you also perhaps know the complete uninstall instructions for a Linux device?

A typical command line to uninstall the FlexNet agent (installed using the RPM package) on Linux is:

rpm --erase --verbose managesoft

If you want to remove further traces from the install (such as log files), you can also delete any left over files in the /opt/managesoft and /var/opt/managesoft directories.

For more information, search for sections in the Gathering FlexNet Inventory PDF guide that have the words "Uninstalling FlexNet inventory agent" in the section heading.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Great! Thank you very much for your help.