cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Service Provider Inventory - import row through spreadsheet

Hello,

We want to add in the Cloud Service Provider view all the instances coming from GCP. 

In the help page of Flexera it is indicated that it is possible to import via spreadsheet. This is what I tried, I filled in these information:

- ComputerID, Computername, AdresseIP, CloudServiceProvider,VMEnaleSate,Region,LastInventoryDate. 

But the inventories, always arrives in the view All inventory and not Cloud service provider. Could you please help me?

Thanks

(6) Replies

@ymhadjou - The results that you are seeing is correct.  You may use the Spreadsheet Templates to populate the "Cloud Hosting" tab of an Inventory Device.  Data on the Cloud Hosting tab is then shown on the Cloud Service Provider view and there will be a link to the Inventory Device.  The same result would happen if you use the Flexera Agent on a GCP Instance.  It will create a new Inventory Device and the Cloud Hosting tab of the device will be populated, and you will also see a row of data on the Cloud Service Provider view.

At the present time, there is not a way to independently populate GCP Instance data on the Cloud Service Provider view without having an Inventory Device.  This functionality today is only available for the Amazon and Azure connections on the Inventory Beacon.

You may want to vote for the following IDEA to add a GCP connection on the Beacon.
https://flexerasfdc.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FXONE-I-423

Hi, thank you for your anwser.

We have a lot of agent installed on GCP machine that we see on All inventory view. But none of these machines appear in the Cloud service provider view.

So it means that if I have a machine without agent, i can't add this instance (event manually) on CSP view ?

Thanks !

Please see the following links.  According to the documentation, you must be using version 2020 R1.2 (or higher) of the Flexera Agent to capture GCP cloud provider inventory.
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/features/index.html#FeatureList/2020R1-2/RN-chg-CSPinclGoogleCloudpt1.html

When you look at one of your Inventory Devices in GCP where the Agent has been run, do you see:
1) Any data populated on the Cloud Hosting tab of the device?
2) On the General tab of the inventory device, is the Hosted In value set to "Google"?

And your final statement is correct.  If an agent is not installed on a GCP Instance, there is not a way to add the instance to the Cloud Service Provider view.

No, we needed to set manually that it's from Google (Hosted in). We raised a ticket few month ago, because inventories were coming up as Computer and not Virtual machine. Even tough the Manufacturer is Google. 

We have a recent version of agent (v17) and we have nothing in Cloud Hosting tab

Regards,

@ymhadjou - What was the response from Support?  Based on what I see in the documentation, the Flexera Agent should be capturing the Cloud Host data for a GCP Instance.

I am currently in contact with the support in order to know why the agent installed on GCP doesn't appear on CSP view.