cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Beacon shows check connectivity

Good day

We have configure a beacon to connected to FNMS Cloud but it show Check connectivity.

This is what is done:

• all URLS are opened
  • port 443 is opened
  • tls is configured
  • logon as batch job and login as service is granted
  • i dont see any errors in the beaconengine  log file

What else could we check ?

(1) Solution

Good day

I have found the resolution. The servers are configured with a proxy, so i added the proxies into the registry and the beacon is now connected.

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

Look at the Scheduled Tasks created for the beacon.  Is the task to upload Beacon Activity and Status enabled and successfully running?

@kclausen - At first they were failing, we then corrected the tasks and ran them, but it still reports "check connectivity"

@iammanzi 

I have a similar problem in my environment where one of the beacons is showing "Check Connectivity" and all the steps have been followed as described.

However the beacon is seemingly uploading and returning data correctly - so my question is, is data actually being uploaded from the beacon you're having issues with?

Ben

Good Morning,

Please check the 'C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming' sub folders to ensure there are not a bunch of logs waiting to be uploaded.

Check the uploader.log located in c:\windows\temp\managesoft.

Good day

I have found the resolution. The servers are configured with a proxy, so i added the proxies into the registry and the beacon is now connected.

hello @iammanzi,
Can we know more about this solution? Am facing similar issue on a beacon thats brand new installation and have not been able to see it online. Can you tell us more about proxies that you are referring here?

@savin_shetty1  - If you have a proxy configured, check your IE settings and follow the link below:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Configure-FlexNet-Manager-Suite-Inventory-Beacons-for/ta-p/2056

Also ensure that your TLS settings are configured in the registry.

If you dont come right let me know.

Hey @iammanzi, We had applied TLS settings in registry earlier which actually didnt work. But setting up proxy made a trick to bring it back online. Many thanks for your insights. Was definitely helpful.

Hello There, perhaps log onto the Beacon server and go into the Windows Services area and Stop the Beacon Service , wait a minute or 2 and then restart it. I have seen where the Beacon Service gets hung up for some reason, stopping and restarting the Beacon Service quite often works. It's a long shot but worth the few minutes of effort.

Bruce

Hello Again, just thought of something else .. if this is a brand new Beacon and has never worked or perhaps the very first Beacon ... verify your environment or perhaps the clients environment for how any Proxy server is configured.

In my environment, we have to identify all 5 of our Beacons in an Non Authenticated Group so that the Proxy server is not looking for a user and password. Reminder that ..

Flexera FlexNet Manager Beacon servers do not support Authenticated Proxy. The Beacon only supports Anonymous Proxy.

Again .. worth a look

Bruce