cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco Smart Licensing (SAM Solution)

FlexNet Manager Suite is currently our Licensing standard. We will have to use Cisco Smart Licesning to manage new infrastructure to generate VMs (-services) ( https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/software/smart-accounts/software-licensing.html ) Looking into that it appears that the Cisco Smart Licensing is a big SAM Solution itself, capturing purchases, inventories, products, product activation, licens pooling etc... Are there any experiences out there of interfacing into FNMS? Yes, I know, you can possibly connect via APIs but for shure some concept/logic is required to design "how much dynamic" you want to transfere from Cisco to FNMS - and the other way round. Greetings, Steffen
(1) Solution

Hi Steffen,

There isn't any out of the box functionality for this. However, it would be recommend to engage with the Services team to assist with any sort of customization required for this functionality.

Kind Regards,

Jimmy

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi Steffen,

There isn't any out of the box functionality for this. However, it would be recommend to engage with the Services team to assist with any sort of customization required for this functionality.

Kind Regards,

Jimmy

thanks Jimmy,

You confirmed my expectations since I could not find any reference to this Topic.

greetings

Steffen

Hi Jimmy...can the services team help establish functionality that will allow Flexera to track more Cisco assets than just Umbrella?