cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check List for outlining actions to check FlexNet healthy

Hello,

Is there a check list for the various activates that will keep FlexNet healthy?  Ideally, it would list out activates we should perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually.  For example, review "Inventory Issues" every month and take action to resolve.  I'm hoping there is an all inclusive list that outlines all the actions we should be taking to ensure FlexNet is health and providing accurate information.  Thx for you help!!!!

(2) Solutions

Thank you @Ronny_OO7 for the link!  This is a step in the right direction!  I did notice this article which was posted this morning.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/This-is-Flexera-ITAM-Best-Practice-available-in-the-Community/bc-p/231926#M435

Your article along with the info posted in the Flexera ITAM Best Practice post is exactly what I was looking for!  Thx again for your reply!

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Thank you @Ronny_OO7 for the link!  This is a step in the right direction!  I did notice this article which was posted this morning.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Blog/This-is-Flexera-ITAM-Best-Practice-available-in-the-Community/bc-p/231926#M435

Your article along with the info posted in the Flexera ITAM Best Practice post is exactly what I was looking for!  Thx again for your reply!

Hi Craig, I received this excel spreadsheet from one of the Flexera folks way back when we first implemented the Flexera tool. It's populated with our names but you can simply delete those. It's pretty overwhelming in terms of the things to look at but its complete to say the least.

Hope it helps ....

Bruce

Hi @bruce_giles !

Thank you for the post and the spreadsheet.  Really good detail.  I like the format.  The spreadsheet partnered with the Flexera Best Practice HUB is exactly what I was looking for!

FNMS data quality checks could be added as well. This really depends on your organisation's SAM maturity. Some examples to monitor:

• VMs without hosts
  • Gaps in CPU data (servers)
  • Duplicates (by name or byserial number)
  • Missing assigned users (clients)
  • Missing procurement data
  • Missing enterprise data, like cost center, location, business units for all kind of objects