cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find and show hardware information on All Assets page

Hi,

How to show values in the Hardware tab on All Assets page? We cannot find those columns in the column chooser.

Hardware tab in Asset PropertiesHardware tab in Asset PropertiesCannot find fields of Hardware in column chooserCannot find fields of Hardware in column chooser

Please support,

Thank you.

(1) Solution
JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello @kietnguyen , you can create a custom report / saved report and join the Inventory and Assets objects together. Once you load that report you should be able to filter in Hardware properties as well in the column chooser.
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/Rep_Create.html
I hope that helps

View solution in original post

(6) Replies

Isn't the column chooser for those pages that display lists? The image you show is of a specific tab for an asset and I don't see a way to bring up the column chooser on this page in my FNMS environment (2022R1).

--Mark

There is no way to modify the properties available in the 'Column Chooser' for any view in FNMS directly. You may want to submit this as an Idea in the 'Idea' section here in the community.

You could potentially add a custom field to the 'Asset' object type and copy the data from the existing asset property into the custom field. Custom fields are available in the column chooser. The custom field could be hidden by making it visible for certain asset types only.

Hi @erwin_lindemann ,

Do you have a guide for copying existing values from another object to the custom field? For example, we want to copy some hardware values from the Inventory properties to the custom field of Asset; how can we do that?

Thank you.

Assuming that you are working in the on-prem version of FNMS, I would suggest adding a database trigger to the [ComplianceComputer_MT] table. This trigger should fire after any 'INSERT' and 'UPDATE' events.

In this trigger, you can copy any properties of the FNMS Inventory object (taken from the '[Inserted]' table available in the trigger SQL), and populate custom fields configured for the [Asset] object.

Values for custom fields on assets are actually stored in the [AssetPropertyValue_MT] table. The SQL is not rocket science, will require a little testing though 😀.

Database triggers added to the FNMS databases will not have any negative impact on migrations. These triggers are generally preserved during a database migration.

JJacildo
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hello @kietnguyen , you can create a custom report / saved report and join the Inventory and Assets objects together. Once you load that report you should be able to filter in Hardware properties as well in the column chooser.
https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/WebHelp/index.html#tasks/Rep_Create.html
I hope that helps

Agreed, the Report Builder might be the easier and quicker solution here.