cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we list our updates and hotfixes applied in FlexNet?

Example: The Readme for “FNMS-66867 - Inventory Chasis Blank” says “This fix is a backported hotfix for FNML-4189 against FNMS 2018 R2”. Not sure exactly what that means, but think it means FNML-4189 would have to be installed first (prerequisite). How can we tell?

FYI, we have 2018 R2 on-premises.

(1) Solution

Unfortunately, there are no ways that I am aware of to list the hotfixes that you have applied in your environment. To provide a bit of insight on your example in relation to the work order numbers. 

FNML-4189 was the work order that the original issue was addressed in. FNML-4189 was fixed in FNMS 2019 R1.3. FNMS-66867 was the work order that was created to have the fixes from FNML-4189 backported to FNMS 2018R2. In this regard, FNML-4189 is not a prerequisite of FNMS-66867, but this is simply the original issue number where the code changes were originally done to address the issue. Hopefully this helps to clear things up a bit. 

View solution in original post

(5) Replies

Hi,

a real good question.

We are on FNMS 2019 R1 and have implemented hot fix 1, 2, 3, 4 also update 5.
But where we can see the list of these patches? Or has the release number changed? I guess not.

Best regards

Unfortunately, there are no ways that I am aware of to list the hotfixes that you have applied in your environment. To provide a bit of insight on your example in relation to the work order numbers. 

FNML-4189 was the work order that the original issue was addressed in. FNML-4189 was fixed in FNMS 2019 R1.3. FNMS-66867 was the work order that was created to have the fixes from FNML-4189 backported to FNMS 2018R2. In this regard, FNML-4189 is not a prerequisite of FNMS-66867, but this is simply the original issue number where the code changes were originally done to address the issue. Hopefully this helps to clear things up a bit. 

Yes, now I know what "backported" means, thank you for the explanation. The hotfix failed, so I was trying to figure out if there was a prerequisite, but apparently not, other than having right release. I guess the failure is an issue for a Flexera Support case.

Yes, In general , each hotfix is independent.  And for most users, please be advised to follow each FlexNet Manager Suite released version in KB article. The KB will provide with details of what hotfix fixes.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/FlexNet-Manager-Suite-2018-R2/ta-p/5426

Cheers

Kevin

(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".)

@DerekMac wrote:

Example: The Readme for “FNMS-66867 - Inventory Chasis Blank” says “This fix is a backported hotfix for FNML-4189 against FNMS 2018 R2”. Not sure exactly what that means, but think it means FNML-4189 would have to be installed first (prerequisite). How can we tell?

FYI, we have 2018 R2 on-premises.

The hotfix failed, so I was trying to figure out if there was a prerequisite, but apparently not, other than having right release. I guess the failure is an issue for a Flexera Support case.