cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Flexnet Agent detect the revision level of the Software Installation?

Would like to ask fellow FNMS cloud customers  how are you handling if a customer request a report that needs the rev level of the software?  Example we see detect  Cisco Anyconnect 4.6% but we need to see it at this level Cisco AnyConnect 4.6.04056 Rev A.

Is there an enhancement request for the Flexnet Agent to detect that level of information?  If so, can you give me the case no# and I will open a request to assist with obtaining the enhancement?

This is something that our customers are asking and we are trying to find a way to provide. 

I am adding our @wdarrough, CSM, for awareness 

(1) Solution

@kclausen  thank you for the response.  That makes a lot of sense but we still need to be able to pull reports from FNMS with that data. 

After opening the case above we have been added to the enhancement  (IOJ-1996827) to expose this value in the Report Builder.  FYI, @kathy_allen  this will allow us to pull the data we need within FNMS.   

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

I'm curious as well to see what the experts think.  My gut would be that you would have to create local apps for the specific revision levels you want to trace.  Most of the evidence in FNMS uses wildcards (%) to cover minor levels.  Ex. version listed in evidence tab is 4.6.% which covers anything starting with 4.6.

Opened case 02201524 regarding this question.  Will provide update once I hear from Flexera.

@shill2 - FlexNet Manager is not meant to be a patch management analysis tool.  While the raw data captured by the FlexNet Agent may have the details that you seek, the FlexNet Manager ARL Normalization engine is designed to normalize software at a much higher level.  In the case of your AnyConnect example, the FlexNet ARL would normalize the version number to "4.6" for reporting.

As highlighted by @kathy_allen, this is achieved within FlexNet Manager with wild-card matching.  Any raw evidence where the version begins with "4.6%" would get normalized to the version of 4.6

If you are wanting to get to a lower level of version-number reporting for risk management, patch levels, known vulnerabilities, etc.  there are other Flexera Solutions that provide this that will complement the software asset management/licensing focus of FlexNet Manager:

Flexera Software Vulnerability Manager

Flexera IT Visibility/Data Platform

@kclausen  thank you for the response.  That makes a lot of sense but we still need to be able to pull reports from FNMS with that data. 

After opening the case above we have been added to the enhancement  (IOJ-1996827) to expose this value in the Report Builder.  FYI, @kathy_allen  this will allow us to pull the data we need within FNMS.