cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access FlexNet beacon Business Importer tab...

Hello,

Has anyone else had issues with accessing the "Business Importer" tab on their FlexNet Beacon?  I can see my business adapters, but they are grayed out.  And there is an "error" above the list of my adapters:  "No local import configuration for business imports could be found."

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance...  🙂

P.S.  I'm running on FNMS 2019 R1.4 Cloud, which was just updated last night.  Coincidence?

(1) Solution

Thanks for all your suggestions. It turned out to be an issue with the Cloud upgrade.

Support confirmed it was addressed Friday night during a maintenance window. And the beacons are functioning normal now.

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

One possibility (not necessarily likely, but I'll mention it all the same!) is that this occurred because the beacon configuration was in the process of being updated for the FlexNet 2019 R1.4 Cloud update that happened recently.

If this problem is still occurring after some time has passed, check beacon log files under C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\ for any indications of unhappiness.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Inventorybeacon.log from 23rd shows the following error, this is when we started seeing this error.

2019-07-23 23:51:38,385 [sPanelBusinessImporter] [ERROR] DDI Templates Refreshdata failed.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.DetailPanels.ConnectionsPanelBusinessImporter.UpdateControlState()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Beacon.DetailPanels.ConnectionsPanelBusinessImporter.RefreshData()

Question: Can you describe the process that was used to upgrade the beacon?

Also, has the team tried run a repair on the beacon installation? 

Thanks for all your suggestions. It turned out to be an issue with the Cloud upgrade.

Support confirmed it was addressed Friday night during a maintenance window. And the beacons are functioning normal now.

mgunnels
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Good Afternoon,

Please check the beacon engine log under 'c:\programdata\flexerasoftware\compliance\logging\beaconengine\' looking for any issues. 

Also, please check the logs under 'c:\windows\temp\managesoft'.

Please let me know what you see.