Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Business adapter studio Error

Hi,

Has anyone experienced this error before trying to do a test connection to a database server? Also trying to stage AD data to that SQL server? I also tried it on SQL Express on the Beacon.

steven_donovan1_0-1581006178022.pngsteven_donovan1_1-1581006239435.png

8 Replies
Highlighted
Rising star

Re: Business adapter studio Error

Hi Steven,

Do you know if this SQL requires a secured connection? Maybe you can check if the error is related to TLS 1.0? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4077486/secdoclienthandshake-ssl-security-error-installing-...

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

I checked the TLS settings and they are fine for the SQL server. Trying to stage AD data into a physical table but it is getting a memory exception error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera
Flexera

I always find that when you have SQL Server connectivity issues from a beacon, it helps to install SQL Server Management Studio on the beacon.  When SSMS gets the same connection errors, the customer is more likely to believe that they do have a network/environmental issue and it is not an issue with the Beacon itself.  Once SSMS is able to connect, then the beacon is able to connect.

Highlighted
Intrepid explorer

Yes I have SSMS installed on the Beacon, and I am able to connect. I am trying to pull in AD data into a physical table so i can normalize it. It keeps failing.  The filter I am using is ObjectClass=User. 

0 Kudos