cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business adapter studio Error

Hi,

Has anyone experienced this error before trying to do a test connection to a database server? Also trying to stage AD data to that SQL server? I also tried it on SQL Express on the Beacon.

steven_donovan1_0-1581006178022.pngsteven_donovan1_1-1581006239435.png

(9) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Steven,

Do you know if this SQL requires a secured connection? Maybe you can check if the error is related to TLS 1.0? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4077486/secdoclienthandshake-ssl-security-error-installing-dynamics-crm-server

Best regards,

Markward

I checked the TLS settings and they are fine for the SQL server. Trying to stage AD data into a physical table but it is getting a memory exception error.

I always find that when you have SQL Server connectivity issues from a beacon, it helps to install SQL Server Management Studio on the beacon.  When SSMS gets the same connection errors, the customer is more likely to believe that they do have a network/environmental issue and it is not an issue with the Beacon itself.  Once SSMS is able to connect, then the beacon is able to connect.

Yes I have SSMS installed on the Beacon, and I am able to connect. I am trying to pull in AD data into a physical table so i can normalize it. It keeps failing.  The filter I am using is ObjectClass=User. 

Hi Steven,

I just saw a colleague getting the same error message on a local test VM this morning. He ignored the connection test and the actual connection just worked.

Best regards,

Markward

I have seen the connection error before and it was able to pull the data into a physical table. What I am finding is the memory timeout trying to pull in AD is failing but the Server has enough memory. I was playing with the timeouts, but it kept failing in the Non  Prod environment. I was able to get it to work in Prod with the same filter. What causes the memory timeout since it is not on the actual server. Could it be that the LDAP source DC creating this failure? @mfranz 

Hi,

Sounds like it could be related to the source. Have you tried playing with the page size feature?

mfranz_0-1581602447126.png

Best regards,

Markward

I will try the page size. I was playing around with the timeouts. Keep you updated on my findings.

Hello,

Sorry to jump into this topic after almost 2 years, but I also encountered the same issue. I fixed upgrading the business adapter studio to the same version as FNMS, in my case version 17