cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Import Error: Incorrect Syntax near "=+

I am trying to import the Location for our servers, and am getting this error when I try to run the importer. I have checked to make sure the Location names are already in FNMS, and have tried this using both a CSV file and an Excel file. Our location names usually have a number, a hyphen, and then a description. I copied those directly from FNMS to the spreadsheet. But every time I run the adapter I get this message. Here's the log.

7/11/2019 11:33:26 AM - Information - FlexNet Manager Platform Business Importer from Flexera Software 13.5.0.15
7/11/2019 11:33:26 AM - Information -
7/11/2019 11:33:27 AM - Information - Reading external data...
7/11/2019 11:33:27 AM - Information - ImportKey: 11165
7/11/2019 11:33:27 AM - Information - Importing Location ...
7/11/2019 11:33:27 AM - Warning     - Processing 1730 records.
7/11/2019 11:33:27 AM - Error       - Incorrect syntax near '='.

I put the location first in the Business Adapter, then the Computer second. I only linked the Location ID and the Computer. I did a similar Business Adapter to import the role of the servers, and it worked fine. I searched the file for an "=" sign but it isn't there. Something I'm doing just isn't working today.

Erick Hacking, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Lead Sr.
(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This looks like it will be an error arising from some poorly formed SQL statement that the business adapter is generating to do the import.

If you are using FlexNet On-premises, turn on "debug" level logging in the adapter and the log file will show the actual SQL statements being executed - that may give more insight into exactly what is going wrong.

If you are using FlexNet Cloud, that level of logging is not exposed so you may find the best option is to raise a case with Flexera Support to have somebody take a look at what is going on in the backend.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)