cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter to link Asset to Purchase Order

We are trying to link hardware assets to associated purchase orders.  We want to open a hardware asset, access the Purchases tab and see the linked purchase order.

We have input the hardware assets into FNMS using a business adapter.  We have also put some test purchase orders into FNMS using a business adapter.  We are now trying to use the "Link Purchase Order Line - Asset" object in a business adapter to link the appropriate asset to PO.  However, we have not been successful in linking the asset to purchase order using this object.

Is there a way to use a Business Adapter to link hardware assets to purchase orders since we have thousands of assets to link to purchase orders?

(1) Solution

See attached screen shot.  This is what you should be seeing when Asset is in front of "Link PO Line to Asset"

View solution in original post

(10) Replies

A Hardware Asset is linked to a Purchase Order Line - not a purchase order.

So your data source needs to have fields to match and find a Hardware Asset (typically the Serial Number) and fields to match and find a PO Line (Typically the PO Number and the Line Number).

You can then link the asset to the PO Line.

Hi kclausen:

Thanks so much! I will work to identify the appropriate PO line number and link there.

Thanks,
Darryl Stracner
Flexera FNMS and Data Platform

I have created a Business Adapter and attempted to link Purchase Order Line to the Asset Serial Number.  Adapter is now Completing with Errors.  I am getting a rejection message:

"Field Serial Number has unrecognized integer value; "

I've attached the log.

Would greatly appreciate suggestions.

Can you test your adapter with dummy values limiting to a single line item import? This will rule out a data specific and perhaps formatting issue. From the error it seems a little hard to isolate on the surface so my suggestion is to get you to the fastest route to a fix.

BTW this can be done the trick is the relationship 99% of the time.

Will give that a try. Thanks so much!

Thanks,
Darryl Stracner

I have tried the "Link Purchase Order Line - Asset" object with both existing assets & PO Lines within FNMS and while importing new assets and new PO Lines in the same Business Adapter at the same time trying to link.

1.  Will the "Link Purchase Order Line - Asset" object link data (Asset & PO Line) already in FNMS?

Where I seem to be held up now is at the "Asset ID" node of the "Link Purchase Order Line - Asset" object.  I have tried the object both above and below the Asset and PO Line object.  I keep getting a "Field Serial number has unrecognized integer value;" when choosing Serial number to match in the "Asset ID" node.

2.  Should the "Link Purchase Order Line - Asset" object be above or below Asset object?

3.  What should my Value choice be for "Asset ID" node?

Yes, the Asset object needs to be placed before the Asset-->PO Line object.

For the Asset object, since your input file as the Asset Serial Number, then you need to match to the Serial Nbr field within the Asset object.

Then, in the Asset--PO Line object for the AssetID, from the drop down select Asset_AD (not anything from your input file)

>From kclausen:

Yes, the Asset object needs to be placed before the Asset-->PO Line object. I have Asset object before Asset - > PO Line object

For the Asset object, since your input file as the Asset Serial Number, then you need to match to the Serial Nbr field within the Asset object. I am matching on Serial number.

Then, in the Asset--PO Line object for the AssetID, from the drop down select Asset_AD (not anything from your input file) In the AssetID drop down, I only have (1) input file items, (2) blank, and (3) RowNumber. What am I missing that will make "Asset_AD" an option in the AssetID drop down?

Thanks! I think I am close now to a solution!

Thanks,
Darryl Stracner
450 Riverchase Parkway East
Hoover, AL 35244
(205) 220-3861

----------------------------------------------------------------------
***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***

This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.

See attached screen shot.  This is what you should be seeing when Asset is in front of "Link PO Line to Asset"

Thanks so much...I deleted the Link object and added it back in and the correct items showed up in the drop down. You just made my last two days!