cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter to audit Compliance Operators' respective roles, access, memberships, & permissions associated with the Web UI

Looking to create a business adapter which will import (add, update, or delete) Compliance Operators (table: ComplianceOperator) & respective tables that define the roles, permissions, groups, membership, & access in WebUI (examples listed in bottom of this post). The proposed solution is to populate a staging table that defines the access/groups a user belongs to.  For example, the staging table is populated based on Active Directory groups that designate what permissions a user should have in the FNMS Web UI. The goal here is to eliminate operational effort / manual tasks that consistently take place when, for example, a new stakeholder desires access to the tool, a new teammate joins, or someone leaves the team.

I noticed there are stored procedures that appear to handle creation (add) of the admin user in the upgrade/install docs (~ ComplianceProcedures.sql); however, this appears to only work for initial creation of admin user. I was looking for a query/sp to supply to a business adapter, which would be executed on a schedule to audit & provision intended access for users (ComplianceOperator) in the FNMS Web UI.

Any help in this space would be greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to collaborate on a potential solution as I can imagine this would be a useful adapter for anyone implementing FlexNet Manager Suite. Again, the goal here is to eliminate operational effort / manual tasks that need to take place when a new stakeholder desires access to the tool, a new teammate joins, or someone leaves. 

From digging through tutorials, learning modules, & schema references, I've created Related_Helper_Queries.sql (attached) & narrowed down a handful of tables that appear to be linked to user/role/ComplianceOperator access, which are:

• ComplianceOperator
  • ComplianceOperatorTenant
  • OperatorTenantSetting_MT
  • GroupEx_MT (Note:  Default role IDs ~ groupId = 10,9,8,7,6 ~ Business Reporting Portal Admin, Web Service, View Only, Operator, Administrator)
  • MemberEx_MT (Note: TargetTypeID = 16 = Operator)
  • RoleRight_MT
  • Tenant
  • TBD

Gaps (this is where I could use the most help):

• SQL query/queries that would fetch all the respective details for the default/generic roles & tables that come with FNMS out of the box
  • Business adapter logic to map related tables that handle what access/roles/permissions/operators have in the FNMS UI
  • or.. stored procedure to execute all Create, Read, Update, Delete (CRUD) operations required for this adapter - related query found in Related section (below)  

Useful resources:

Related:

Thank you for your time & I hope we can find a solution that will be useful to everyone.

Austin Raun, CSAM, CHAMP
IT Software Asset Manager, Engineering Lead
(1) Solution

Hi, @austinraun 

you can check attached configuration file for inspiration.

Marius

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Update from Flexera support:
"Your enhancement request has been accepted by our Engineering Team as issue number: FNMS-68292. At this moment, there is no estimated time frame regarding when this feature might be incorporated into the product. However, you can track the status of this issue by checking product release notes or searching our Knowledge Base through the Flexera Customer Community."

Austin Raun, CSAM, CHAMP

Hi, @austinraun 

you can check attached configuration file for inspiration.

Marius

Awesome, this appears to be a fantastic supplement. Will update once I dive into it.
Austin Raun, CSAM, CHAMP