cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter rejected rows

Hi all,

we are building new business adapters and we see many rows rejected and we're trying to find a way to see which were rejected and why.

We use Stage 1 adapters to load data from 3rd party databases to our FNMSStaging database - these adapters are run by Windows Scheduler which runs mgsbi.exe with specific adapter.

Then in the FNMSStaging database we have custom views to select data from above import tables, we connect these data with data from FNMSCompliance when needed and these views are used in the Stage 2 adapters run by Beacon embedded BAS, so we can see their status in FNMS GUI.

In the Business Adapter Practice Guide at page 20 is written:

To check and see if the adapter ran successfully, log into the FlexNet Manager UI. Navigate to System
Tasks. From the System Tasks page, the newly created adapter should be present with a status. Click on
the left arrow icon to expand the results. If there are any errors, you can click on the Rows with
rejection messages hyperlink to view the errors.

However in the FNMS GUI we don't have that Rows with rejection messages hyperlink for any Stage2 adapter - see screenshot. We have there only Download log hyperlink and inside that log there aren't any more details comparing to what we can see in the FNMS GUI.

Capture.PNG

Can someone please guide me how to see which rows were rejected so we can troubleshoot/debug our business adapters?

Thanks in advance for help.

Pavol

(1) Solution

It looks like the import is not configured to log details of rejected rows. You can configure that in the properties on the import node in the Business Adapter Studio:

image.png

One possible cause of the rejected rows is that you may have some records in the source FNMSStaging.dbo.v_FNMS_Computers_rejoined table that have a NULL value in either the ComputerName or serialno column.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies
Hi Pavol.
I find that the best way to trouble shoot is to use physical tables on the final adapter. This will produce a table that you can query to validate which rows have been rejected.

It would be helpful if you post your actual second step xml for review. Typically the adapter rejects duplicate records - you have 244,412 Computers that you are updating, 238052 do update - leaving only 6360 that should remain - but your rejection message shows 40086 - suggesting a large number of duplicates in the data

@Nico_Erasmus Thanks for hints.

Use physical tables is not available for Beacon embedded BAS, if the DataTableName attribute is found in the adapter XML it won't continue - see screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Please find attached stage2 adapter.

Actually with the numbers you pointed to something what didn't come to my mind before... But when I look to  FNMS GUI > All Inventory I see 238.491 results returned, what is another number... And when I run

select count(*) from FNMSCompliance.dbo.ComplianceComputer

I get 317.116 which is another number... I'll take a look at our data and I'll try to clean the duplicates... It looks like ComplianceComputer is pretty duplicated too... 😞

Anyway, I still don't know how to see the rejected rows, any idea, please?

Thanks.

Hi Pavol,

If I'm not wrong and I remember, the log of the failed business importer are found in following table:

dbo.ECMImportLog_Detail

dbo.ECMImportLog_Object

and your table from you import, usually is defined in the business importer

To have a full view you need to make some joins between them.

Hi @adrian_ritz1,

thanks for the hint, I didn't find mentioned tables but found these views in FNMSCompliance database:

• [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[ECMImportLog_Summary]
  • [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[ECMImportLog_Object]
  • [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[ECMImportLog_Detail]

I looked into these views and I they are showing data from these tables:

• [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[BusinessImportLogSummary]
  • [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[BusinessImportLogObject]
  • [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[BusinessImportLogDetail]

In Summary I can see summary data of my Stage2 adapters, in Object I can see tasks run by each adapter and there I can see the same numbers as in FNMS GUI but when I query Detial view I get zero (none) results.

Do you know ho to enable something to see details in the [ECMImportLog_Detail] view please?

Thanks.

It looks like the import is not configured to log details of rejected rows. You can configure that in the properties on the import node in the Business Adapter Studio:

image.png

One possible cause of the rejected rows is that you may have some records in the source FNMSStaging.dbo.v_FNMS_Computers_rejoined table that have a NULL value in either the ComputerName or serialno column.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG,

wow, right on point!!! 

I enabled Tracing for Rejected records in the business adapter and now I can see the Rows with rejection messages hyperlink in the FNMS UI 🙂 Screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Also when I run query to [FNMSCompliance].[dbo].[ECMImportLog_Detail] view I can see the rejected rows with the message for each row.

Amazing, thanks so much Chris 🙂 I didn't know what is that for, now I know 🙂

All have a nice day and weekend 🙂

Noted.

And as a result I do not think you will get the detail you hope for in terms of which rows are rejected.

You do need to focus on cleaning the data in source and destination. Ultimately this needs to be a one to one update.