cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter SQL Query - temp table?

Hello all,

I'm playing with a new business adapter to import data into my database, but I get an error.  It references a temp table that I use in my query, so I'm guessing that the Business Adapter Studio does not like that?

I can always import the data as multiple imports and then join, so not a big deal.  But I thought I would ask...  😉

Thanks!

Matt

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yep - I think you have worked it out. The Business Adapter Studio uses a SQL Server OLEDB provider interface to try to work out what columns of data are returned from your query, but the provider isn't smart enough to be able to work that out when you've used a temp table in the query.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Yep - I think you have worked it out. The Business Adapter Studio uses a SQL Server OLEDB provider interface to try to work out what columns of data are returned from your query, but the provider isn't smart enough to be able to work that out when you've used a temp table in the query.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)