cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter Regular Expresssion

Hi Experts,

Do we have any guidance document on as how to use regular expression within the business adapter.

I have a incoming record which captures Manager details from Active Directory.

Example: CN=Last Name\, FirstName -useraccount,OU=StandardAccounts,OU=Users,OU=ABD,DC=Test,DC=com

I just need to extract Last Name,First Name-useraccount.

Regards,

Jambunathan.V

(5) Replies

you can check the following article:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/LDAP-command-used-when-the-beacon-runs-an-active-directory/ta-p/2140

Also please check the comments, you can find more useful information there

This is assuming that you work in an on-prem installation of FNMS.

As described in the Using FlexNet Business Adapters" documentation on page #55, you would have to manually edit the Business Adapter XML configuration file and for the target field to be populated, use a combination of MatchingMode=LIKE and a suitable MatchingMask value.

Based on your example, according to this Business Adapter documentation, for the 'MatchingMask' setting, something like "%CN=[value],OU=%" should work.

As an alternative, you might consider implementing a two step process that includes downloading the Active Directory (AD) data to a local staging database. This is recommended as a best practice in the "FlexNet Manager Suite Business Adapter Practice Guide".

After you downloaded the data to a table in a local staging database (using SQL Server Express as an example), you can use SQL for reformatting and consistency checking before using Business Adapter Studio for populating data in a FNMS production database.

I'm not sure what outcome you're trying to achieve here, or how a business adapter will help with the sort of text transform you've described.

However if you are looking to import user details from Active Directory into FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, including linking user records to their managers, then the attached sample adapter may help. In particular, the "Update User Managers" query in this adapter performs the linking of users to managers.

To use this adapter you will need to change the domain name details in 3 places:

1. In the LDAP path used for the query
  2. In the QualifiedName property of the ComplianceDomain object (specify the DNS-style name of your domain here)
  3. In the FlatName property of the ComplianceDomain object (specify the flat-style name of your domain here)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris,

May I know what would be the approach if we have to perform it for FNMS Cloud.

Regards,

Jambunathan.V

An approach for FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud might be to:

1. Extract AD data and pre-process it to give data that identifies users' managers by domain & SAM account name (rather than a distinguished name)
  2. Configure a business adapter with steps that wil:
    1. Create & update user records (but not set the manager field at this point)
    2. Use the manager's domain  SAM account name details to look up the user ID of managers
    3. Update user records to set their manager

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)