cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Adapter Error - Assigning Inventory to Enterprise Groups

Trying to get a BA to work for a cloud customer that will update inventory records with their respective Corp Units and Locations in FNMS and am getting this error when I try running it -

Import failed. Error: The UPDATE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_ComplianceComputer_BusinessUnit". The conflict occurred in database "FNMP2", table "dbo.GroupEx_MT". The statement has been terminated.

It looks to me as though it doesn't like something about the ComputerName or SerialNumber field (I've tried both with the same result) but I am not updating those fields, only using for matching.

Any suggestions?

(2) Replies

It looks like it is trying to link a Compliance Computer to a Business Unit that does not exist.  The underlying SQL is complaining that it cannot update the ComplianceComputer table because the business unit does not exist in the GroupEx table, hence the foreign key constraint error.

Are you sure that the Business Units in your import file exist in FNMS?

Also in your Business Adapter, click on the main node of the "Corporate Unit" object.  Make sure that the checkbox labeled "All levels provides" is NOT selected.  If this checkbox is selected, then the Business Adapter assumes that you are providing the full path of the business unit rather than just the business unit name.

Thanks for the response. It turned out I had a couple of problems with the adapter and one of those was that I actually did have the full path of the business unit provided in the source data, but had unchecked (out of habit, I suppose) All Levels provided, so this comment was helpful!