cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle vs. Suite

Hello all, I am trying to determine if SQL Toolbelt from Red Gate Software would be considered a Bundle or Suite. The Flexnet Help is not real clear to me so wondering how others are dealing with this?

Thanks!

(1) Solution

To add to 'Captain Kirk's information:

In the current ARL (2580), Red Gate's product 'SQL Toolbelt' is configured as a suite consisting of 12 individual applications:

Suite.jpg

Open 'License Compliance > Applications > All Applications', locate your application and look at the 'Evidence' tab. 

If the application is configured as a suite, you will see the applications under 'Suite and member' as shown in the screenshot.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

The way that I think of these is the following.  I hope this helps you.

For a SUITE, all of the products are installed from the same media, and the installation evidence normally indicates that the "suite" is installed.  An example of this would be Microsoft Office.  Your entitlement purchase is for the "suite" and includes all of the products.

For a BUNDLE, your entitlement purchase is for multiple products, but the products in the bundle are typically installed separately, with separate media.  In some cases, the products within a bundle can even be installed on different servers.  An example of this is IBM WebSphere Application Server, where the bundle includes an instance of IBM DB2.  

To add to 'Captain Kirk's information:

In the current ARL (2580), Red Gate's product 'SQL Toolbelt' is configured as a suite consisting of 12 individual applications:

Suite.jpg

Open 'License Compliance > Applications > All Applications', locate your application and look at the 'Evidence' tab. 

If the application is configured as a suite, you will see the applications under 'Suite and member' as shown in the screenshot.