cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank serial number alert on Intel NUC device

Hello all,

At this moment we are seeing a blank serial number alert on Intel NUC Devices i.e. on Intel Model NUC5i7RY.

Any idea how to solve this correctly? (case towards Flexera or ..... )

Any idea on a work arround ?

Frank

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To help understand the scenario, can you confirm:

1. What inventory tool is being used to gather data from these devices?
  2. What operating systems are running on the devices?
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hello ChrisG,

1. What inventory tool is being used to gather data from these devices?
  2. What operating systems are running on the devices?

Ad1)  the inventory tool of Flexera

Ad2) Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise is the operatin system

In that scenario, I expect the serial number shown in FlexNet will reflect what is configured in the BIOS on the device. The fact the serial numbers are coming up as blank in FlexNet suggests that no serial number has been configured in the BIOS of these devices.

One way to verify this would be to execute the following PowerShell command on an affected device to check whether any value is returned:

(Get-WMIObject -Class Win32_BIOS).SerialNumber

Most BIOSes will allow a serial number to be configured in them to override the value (if any) supplied by the manufacturer. If you do that then I expect the FlexNet agent will start to pick up any value you configure. 

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi ChrisG,

I'm going to ask the system engeneer to do this. I'll come back on this as soon as I receive an answer from that team.

Hi..you can try by manually entering the serial number given on your device. Compute Stick serial numbers and SA numbers (subassembly number, or stocking ID) are on the label on the bottom of the device. 

Thank you for your answer. Manual setting can be the solution.

I cannot test it anymore because the NUC devices are not used anymore in the environment.

Regards,  Frank07