cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice recommendation - Thin clients

Hi,

Is there a best practice for dealing with thin clients imported into FNMS via SCCM?

Thanks

(1) Solution

@Smitty987 - I was not aware that SCCM could inventory a Thin Client, since you need to install the SCCM Client.

My guess is that you do not want to track these in FNMS, and do not want to use up your FNMS License Count.

Your option would be to create a Business Adapter and change the status of the inventory devices to "Ignored".

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

@Smitty987  - That is interesting.  I assume you are seeing these appear in your Active Inventory view?   Do these show with any Software Inventory at all?

Hi,

Yes showing in Active Inventory and have software, but only what I would expect to see on a thin client, Windows embedded etc. - although some are not showing recent (less than 30 days) inventory dates 

Thanks

@Smitty987 - I was not aware that SCCM could inventory a Thin Client, since you need to install the SCCM Client.

My guess is that you do not want to track these in FNMS, and do not want to use up your FNMS License Count.

Your option would be to create a Business Adapter and change the status of the inventory devices to "Ignored".

Thanks, you have confirmed what I expected and had planned to ignore them.

And yes it took us over our licence limit for devices (7500 new devices imported!)