Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon - New inventory Connection error

ImIronMan
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi All,

We have installed new FNMS 2019R1 for a customer (on-premises). The inventory beacons also configured, however facing 2 issues, need your help

1. When we click on "New" inventory connection,  there is an error message saying " Unhandled exception has occured in your application. Input string is not in correct format."

If we ignore it, we can not see the drop down list for inventory sources, if we cancel it, the beacon application is closed. Other options, all are working fine and beacons reporting properly, status is "uptodate" etc.,

2. There is an alert on all beacons saying "Last download of packages for managed devices is failed". How to fix it

We've checked the packageretriever.log as well, attached the log here. It says "404 not found" for 12.4 packages, and on Inventory Server > IIS >default websites> Packages, we could not find 12.4 node at all (attached screenshot) while only 13.2.0 is present for adoption and upgrades.

@DAWN

@mfranz

(6) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Some questions:

• Have the Beacons worked correctly at any time since installation?
  • Have you checked the parent connection?
  • Does the Beacon comunicate with the application server?
  • Could you provide a sample BeaconEngine.log?

Best regards,

Markward

Thanks Markward, for your response.

• Have the Beacons worked correctly at any time since installation?  -- Yes, working fine except the error which I keep getting when I clicked on "New" inventory connections
  • Have you checked the parent connection? - Yes, its "success". Note : Even though I gave Web Server name during beacon installation, after configuring the beacon, the parent server name changed to Batch server name automatically (which I'm guessing correct) and all connections to parent server/upload/download servers are "success"
  • Does the Beacon comunicate with the application server? - Yes
  • Could you provide a sample BeaconEngine.log? - Please see attached.

Hi @ImIronMan ,

For Unhandled exception -  Could you please check the Regional and Language settings in the control panel.

Go to Region and Language Settings, change the language to English (US or Australia).

On the Administrative Tab click “Copy Settings”.

Now restart the Beacon,Hopefully it should work now.

Regards,

Sasi

@sasikumar_r 

That's spot on. Your suggestion worked and I do not see the unhandled exception error any more. Many thanks.

However, the other first issue is still there.

Thanks

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala

Hi,

Have you checked if the paths mentioned in the log (where it tries to download the packages from), do actually exist on the parent beacon?

Yopu mentioned this is a new installation (2019 R1) and yet the log is referring to package version 12.4 (which is 2017 R3). Could this be a fresh application installation, but with a migrated database? My best guess is that there are packages registered in the database that are not available form the file system anymore. Please check the "AvailablePackages_MT" table and compare to the file system.

SELECT *
FROM AvailablePackage_MT

Best regards,

Markward

@mfranz 

Yes, you are right. Its a fresh application with migrated database.

Another point would like to mention here is : While other things working fine in the new 2019R1 (besides this only pacakges error), customer again expecting us to restore their latest 2017R3 compliance database and configure whole 2019R1 freshly, because its been more than 10 days the new version is built but customer still using 2017R3. 

So I must also ensure this issue is not repeated when I restore FNMS Compliance db and re-configure 2019R1.

Regards

Rajesh Ponnala