I noticed today that the step "Calculating NMAP range strings" on our beacons always takes about 30 minutes on average, which I consider to be very long and I wanted to hear your opinion about it.
Discovery & Inventory Rule for vCenter Scan - Discovery.log
- we've disabled the use of previously discovered devices, due to some issues
- Maybe it's possible to tweak the Beacon registry with some additional NMAP commands to peed up this process
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
I know that you've been approached by support on this issue.
Please share your findings with the community if you believe others could benefit from its resolution once you've found the root cause.