cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure SAAS Licenses

I am new to Flexera and just learning. I just ran a report on Flexera under All Apps. We are doing Microsoft True Up. I was looking for Sql Server Enterprise and Std. Core Infrastructure Server DC and Std. I had some come up with title of Sql Server Reporting Service. I am not sure if these are on Azure or what this means. Since I am new to Flexera I am sure there more educated people than me on this.

(1) Reply

@TheresaReed 

SQL Server Reporting Services is licensed functionality that comes with Microsoft SQL Server. If it's deployed on the server where the corresponding SQL Server instance is running, it's included with the Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise/Standard license entitlement wise, but if it's installed on a separate server it needs to be licensed separately.

Now whether it's running in your own datacenter or in Azure doesn't really matter, but Microsoft offers different licensing options when it comes to using your licenses in Azure (like Azure Hybrid Benefit (AHUB)), and Microsoft also offers including SQL Server as a PaaS subscription.

You will need to elaborate a bit more on your use cases for the community to provide more precise guidance.

Thanks,