cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Ignore machines with duplicate SN

Hi!

About duplicate hosts with different names and the same Serial Number:

Is it possible when there is more than one host with the same Serial Number, automatically validate the most recent date and set the “Ignored” status of the oldest hosts or overwrite the information or store the duplicates in some group?

Regards,

Luis

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

With a default configuration:

• If no more 2 source computer records with the same serial number are found, the import process will make a "best guess" that the computer has been re-imaged and only import details about the record with the latest inventory.
  • Otherwise (i.e. if more than 2 source records with the same serial number are found) then all the records will be imported. There is no built-in automation in the system to set them to an "Ignored" status, but you might consider using a business adapter for doing something like that.

NB. The "2" figure used in the above logic can be changed by changing the value of the MaxDuplicateImportedComputerSerialNo configuration setting in the dbo.ComplianceTenantSetting table in the compliance database. For example:

UPDATE s
SET SettingValue = '1' -- Default is '2'
FROM dbo.ComplianceTenantSetting s
    JOIN dbo.SettingName sn ON sn.SettingNameID = s.SettingNameID
WHERE sn.Name ='MaxDuplicateImportedComputerSerialNo'

See the following page for some discussion about this setting: https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/tasks/Common-MatchingRelatedInventory.html

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

Yes, this setting can be configured for Flexera One ITAM tenants by sending a request to Flexera Support.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

With a default configuration:

• If no more 2 source computer records with the same serial number are found, the import process will make a "best guess" that the computer has been re-imaged and only import details about the record with the latest inventory.
  • Otherwise (i.e. if more than 2 source records with the same serial number are found) then all the records will be imported. There is no built-in automation in the system to set them to an "Ignored" status, but you might consider using a business adapter for doing something like that.

NB. The "2" figure used in the above logic can be changed by changing the value of the MaxDuplicateImportedComputerSerialNo configuration setting in the dbo.ComplianceTenantSetting table in the compliance database. For example:

UPDATE s
SET SettingValue = '1' -- Default is '2'
FROM dbo.ComplianceTenantSetting s
    JOIN dbo.SettingName sn ON sn.SettingNameID = s.SettingNameID
WHERE sn.Name ='MaxDuplicateImportedComputerSerialNo'

See the following page for some discussion about this setting: https://docs.flexera.com/fnms/EN/GatherFNInv/index.html#SysRef/FlexNetInventoryAgent/tasks/Common-MatchingRelatedInventory.html

Hi Chris,

Got it, I forgot to mention that this is a client hosted on FlexeraOne. In this case, is it possible for this configuration to be carried out through a ticket?

Thank you!

Yes, this setting can be configured for Flexera One ITAM tenants by sending a request to Flexera Support.