cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Report Delivery - FNMS Reports Index

Hi - I was wondering if anyone had experience with automated delivery of reporting out of FlexNet Management Suite?  We do have a Cognos connection but unfortunately I am completely lost in trying to build reports in Cognos.  

Ultimately I'd like to just find a way to schedule an automated delivery of a .csv of a report i generated out of "reports index". 

We are on FNMS 12.2.0.14820 .

Thanks!!

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are comfortable with scripting (using PowerShell or something of that nature), then an approach to doing this that doesn't involve Cognos is:

1. Extract data from the FlexNet database - this could be done using a web API to run a pre-configured report (like is described here), or by a direct SQL query to the database.
  2. Write a script to deliver the extracted data using whatever mechanism you prefer (e.g. save it to a file on a file share, email it, ...)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris. Sounds like it's time for me to start learning SQL. Smiley Happy