cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Beacon Upgrade - Does the FlexNet Beacon engine still default to run as local SYSTEM account

Hi Everyone, I am going to trigger the auto Beacon upgrade functionality via the "Beacon version approved for" in the System Settings tab in the next week or two after I try it in our UAT Cloud environment. 

I remember the last time I did this back in the middle of 2018 for our 5 Beacons, I had to scramble and change the "Log On As' account back to our original Service Account for the Beacon Engine Service to avoid any issues after the upgrade took place.

Has anyone triggered their auto Beacon upgrades lately to see if it still defaults to the local system account. I'll know for sure after I trigger the upgrades in our UAT environment but wanted to plan things a bit, meaning that I should trigger the change while I am available so I can make the changes right away versus  triggering the update as I walk out the door sort of thing lol.

Thanks in Advance

Bruce

(2) Solutions
BradAkers
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Yes, when a beacon is upgraded it will reset the Beacon Engine back to local System and would require an update. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
BradAkers
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Yes, when a beacon is upgraded it will reset the Beacon Engine back to local System and would require an update. 

Thanks Brad !!  appreciate it