cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset ID mismatch

Hi Team,

We have CMDB as the Hardware data source and SCCM, ADDM as Inventory Data source.

We used to have 600,000 devices in Assets including Active and In-Active. but recently there was some clean up in the CMDB DB  and the count has come to 300,000 devices from them.

Due to this, the Active Devices count in the license is showing inaccurate values as the Assets which were Active previously were also cleaned in the latest CMDB DB and those devices are lying around and causing our license consumption.

So we deleted the Assets table data and re-imported the Assets from CMDB but we are getting Asset ID mismatch and unique key issue while importing the Assets from CMDB now.

Can you help us if the deletion of data only in Asset_MT table is causing the issue or it could be of a different thing.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Srikanth M

(6) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you share some more specific details of the error you are seeing? For example - where are you seeing the error, and what is the actual error message?

That information may help to get towards answering your query.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @sree335 ,

You deleted only the assets from asset_mt table? Did you unlink before the assets from the inventory?

Because in compliancecomputer_mt table you have a filed called assetid this one is the linked with the asset table, if you deleted only the asset probably the linkage remained there. May be you can check it.

@adrian_ritz1 - you are exactly right to consider the relationship between ComplianceComputer and Asset records. However the dbo.AssetInsteadOfDeleteTrigger trigger on the Asset_MT table should take care of cleaning up that relationship when asset records are deleted, so you should not normally need to make any special considerations for that.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG ,

Thank you for your explanation, I was not aware of this trigger. So if I want to delete the assets, is enough to delete the asset_mt table, and then the linkage will be removed automatically by this trigger?

@adrian_ritz1 - yep, you've got it.

Hi Chris,

We are trying to import Hardware Asset data through Business Adapter studio and when we are trying to import the data from the source file we are getting unique key constraint for Asset ID.