cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Report by OS

How can this be accomplished in FNMS?  I'm on-prem 2019R2.  My attempts keep creating a single line for every app on each devices making the record counts into the millions.  The report GUI is challenging to edit, modify, etc.

Looking for something like this

OS, App Name, Count

Thanks

(1) Solution

Grouping by application then operating system in the License Compliance > Applications > Application Installation Details built in report may help with this scenario:

image.png

Also see the following current threads that discuss reporting on installations:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

I would build a report by adding an inventory device with the device name and Operating system fields and installation object with the required fields.

After saving the report, I can group by the operating system or apply an advanced filter to scoped even down to the required operating system.

Hope this will help to get/view data about what you are looking for.

Aamer

Grouping by application then operating system in the License Compliance > Applications > Application Installation Details built in report may help with this scenario:

image.png

Also see the following current threads that discuss reporting on installations:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Conceptually seems to work but where I'm expecting 50-90K in some application counts, I only see 10K or so.  

I ended up taking a different route, having to break the report in to about 5 parts to obtain needed data.  

Thanks everyone for the quick help