cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application First Discovery

I'm in need to track first discovery date of software being introduced to our environment.  Using Device level to get Discovery Date of software yields too many records to extract and examine.  I also recognize this won't be 100% since Discovery Date is when it was discovered on that specific device, regardless it's close enough.  

Essentially I'm seeking the earlier records for Discovery date installed to any device

Thanks for any guidance here

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Try looking at the "History" tab on the application record that you're interested in. Look for the earliest date listed there that the application was recognized (aka "linked") on a device.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Chris,

My need is to list first discovery date for every application for which we have nearly 35,000.  Excel works by sorting with oldest discovery date first then remove duplicates function.  However since discovery date is tied to device level I'm into millions of records unless I break down querys  into sets less than one million.  Once we have them identified then it's merely monitoring what application with new discovery dates come to us each month.  

Hope the added background helps.

Thanks!

If you are using FlexNet Manager Suite On Premises and have skills to write SQL queries then you could consider querying the compliance database directly to identify this data. The history events that are logged when applications are recognized as installed on inventory devices appear as records in the dbo.ComplianceHistory view with a non-NULL SoftwareTitleID and ComplianceComputerID value. Look for such records, and write a query to aggregate and find the earliest record for each SoftwareTitleID.

Be aware that a query like this may be very computationally expensive to run as the database schema isn't designed to support this type of analysis. I wouldn't be surprised to see it taking hours to summarize all the historical data across all applications, and other updates to the database may be blocked while the query runs.

I can't think of any effective way to do a bulk analysis & extract of this data if you using FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud/Flexera One ITAM.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)