cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App-V Integration

Hi!

Im trying App-V integration with FNMS and im getting some errors.

Log_running_via_Schedule_task – Execution logs using scheduled task (I collected evidence from two different attempts)

---------------------------------------

AppVMgmtSvr_2020-10-05_16-28-40.log

05/10/2020 16:31:08 - Error - Cannot find path '\\bs.br.bsch\appv5\content\PEOPLEOV.4H\PEOPLEOV.4H.appv' because it does not exist.

Folder PEOPLEOV.4H doesnt exist (I checked and there really is no such folder in the directory)

05/10/2020 16:31:50 - Error - Cannot find path '\\bs.br.bsch\appv5\content\SASC.V1\SASC.V1_2.appv' because it does not exist.

File SASC.V1_2.appv doesnt exist (I checked and there really is no such file in the directory)

AppVMgmtSvr_2020-10-11_00-00-04.log

There is no error, there is only one App-V manifest extraction in the directory \\Bs.br.bsch\appv5\content\KeyNote

Log_running_with_Powershell_ISE – I ran in an assisted way using Powershell ISE and presented a popup with an error when clicking OK the process continues. I think that via the scheduled task the same thing occurs but as the popup is not displayed it is stuck until it reaches the execution timeout and fails. I also attached a print of the popups and a file with variable values at the time of the error.

29/09/2020 10:30:39 - Error - Exception calling "Load" with "1" argument(s): "Could not find file 'C:\Users\T695955\AppData\Local\Temp\2\8327cc0e-624d-4fc2-9982-077f263b7d84\AppxManifest.xml'."

29/09/2020 10:52:32 - Error - Cannot find path '\\bs.br.bsch\appv5\content\FPW 2020.2.0.1 (BSBRSP4198) Customizado\FPW 2020.2.0.1 (BSBRSP4198) Customizado.appv' because it does not exist.

Folder FPW 2020.2.0.1 (BSBRSP4198) Customizado doesnt exist

(1) Solution

@diegocarvejani 

Please create a support case (if you haven't already) and request assistance troubleshooting your issue.

Please inform the community members about your findings if you think others could benefit from it.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
Alpesh
By
Flexera Alumni

@diegocarvejani : You see these errors in the log because these AppV packages are managed by the AppV server you have put the Powershell script on. We run this command against the AppV Server to get the list of packages hosted by the Server: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/appvserver/get-appvserverpackage?view=win-mdop2-ps? 

When you add an AppV package to the AppV server, it prompts for a UNC path where the package could be found. So if the path does not exist, then the AppV package will not be of any value. You should try to remove the AppV package from the AppV server and then run the AppV Powershell Script. Here is the Microsoft article, which mentions how you can add a package to the AppV server: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/application-management/app-v/appv-add-or-upgrade-packages-with-the-management-console.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Hi Alpesh!

I Will try do that!

i Attached logs here, maybe help to analyse something.

Hi Alpesh!

If you look log AppVMgmtSvr_2020-10-05_16-28-40, take a look we have some errors when try to find  a folder and a File but pass!

The main problem is for KeyNote, its keep extracting....... never finish.

When we run using Powershell, the same error happens, it get KeyNote.appv, zip for .pkg but when try extract Manifest File, show an error ( look attached - Windows Screen and AppVMgmtSvr_2020-09-29_10-24-47)

@diegocarvejani 

Please create a support case (if you haven't already) and request assistance troubleshooting your issue.

Please inform the community members about your findings if you think others could benefit from it.

Thanks,