cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any luck with 11.5 upgrade

Just wondered if any of you have been successful in upgrading FLEXnet Manager from 11.0.0.3 to 11.5. I tried on Sunday and did not have much luck.
(8) Replies
Regards,

Out of curiousity, which problems did you ran into ? We are currently running 11.0.0.3 and are considering whether we shall go for the upgrade or not
I recommend that you move to 11.5 at your earliest convenience. Turned out the only cause of the problem I had was the fact that \\indysflex02\c$\Program Files\Macrovision\FLEXnet\manager\config\license folder contained more than one flexnet.lic. Once that was corrected 11.5 came up and ran as expected.
Are there any significant improvements in 11.5 ?
There's some what's-new-in-11.5 information available on the FLEXnet Manager home page.
MortiseMaker wrote:
Just wondered if any of you have been successful in upgrading FLEXnet Manager from 11.0.0.3 to 11.5. I tried on Sunday and did not have much luck.

Hi, we try for about 4 weeks to upgrade to 11.5 but still didn't succeed. We think about a completely new installation next week and hope that will work.
Hi,

We upgrade FNM version 11.0 to 11.5 last week. We ran into an issue starting the FNM services using the command prompt (flexnet start). FNM was unable to connect to the agents, so I submitted an incident request and after working with the Acresso support team for couple days, FNM was back online.
The problem was with a "Custom" directory in the FNM installation directory. According to a technical support, customer directory had a hotfix for the previous release which is not compatible with the new release. It makes sense now, but I don't understand why the upgrade manual does not details that additional step.
Trying to upgrade from 11.0.0 to 11.5. Didn't work. Having problems with flexnet upgradedb command. Support has no record of errors that I am getting.
After 3 failed attempts on my own to upgrade from 11 to 11.5, I called support. The recommendation was to just wipe FNM 11 off the system and install 12. That was not without issues too, but it worked. Of course we lost all data except for our report logs (user accounts/old reports/report configurations). Painful experience to get everything set back up. On the plus side, the agents didn't have to be changed at all and Version 12 does seem faster in making reports. We've not yet installed the new reporting software package yet (Cognos?) Just using the standard reports so far. They're very similar to the old ones.