cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Cognos Question

We've been told in order to have Cognos work properly in the Flexnet Manager dashboard,  we need to implement HTTPS.  I cant rip and replace my whole env just for cognos.  

The Plan,  Can I have two Application servers access the same Database?  I would bring up a https enabled Batch server and an HTTPS Application Server point them to my normal database which is not HTTPS all for the sake of being able to use Cognos on the dashboard?  

Is there anything that would really break?  Can a Batch and application server be on the same physical device?  

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

FlexNet Manager itself does not require HTTPS to be configured in order to use Cognos. However you may have some other requirement to implement this.

It is possible to have multiple application servers, although this configuration is not widely documented so you may need to engage somebody who has a deep understanding of the application server components to work through setting that up if you don't have that experience yourself.

The batch server can run on the same computer as other application server components (inventory server and web server). That is typical for smaller environments, while for larger environments it is more common to split these components out on to separate servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

FlexNet Manager itself does not require HTTPS to be configured in order to use Cognos. However you may have some other requirement to implement this.

It is possible to have multiple application servers, although this configuration is not widely documented so you may need to engage somebody who has a deep understanding of the application server components to work through setting that up if you don't have that experience yourself.

The batch server can run on the same computer as other application server components (inventory server and web server). That is typical for smaller environments, while for larger environments it is more common to split these components out on to separate servers.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)