cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred while retrieving information; you may need to refresh the page. Error ID: 1af6fad8-934b-41da-8b3b-af22834dbc12

Hi,

We have migrated our environment to the new version 2022 R2, and we have a on the website.

The  installation of the application has passed successfully. (the PS script passed successfully too).

Attached the error.

Regards,

(7) Replies
dbeckner
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Have you reviewed the WebUI log on the web server? It will have more information on the specific error you are encountering.

It will be located in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging\WebUI

Thanks,

Dan

Hi,

The log has not been updated for 6 hours, it's weird. here is the last error in the log :

[ERROR 2023-03-23 14:33:46,972 12844ms UnhandledErrors       ] An unexpected error occurred (47a16ae6-c186-4dff-a118-6d116dee8995)
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.SimpleValueDecode", or the name is ambiguous.
Could not use view or function 'dbo.Grid_EntitlementTransactionUnprocessed' because of binding errors.

The "dbo.SimpleValueDecode" function referenced in the error message here is a SQL CLR function (defined in a .NET DLL). The error message possibly implies that something has gone wrong or not been executed in the database configuration steps of the upgrade, or maybe that the CLR configuration of SQL Server is not working.

You might try running the 2022 R2 database setup scripts again, and check other log files for any messages that look like they may be related to problems in the database.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Is there a keyword such as Warning or Error that would identify these problems in the migration log?

I found an error by looking for the search word "Exception".

nrousseau1
By Level 10 Champion
Level 10 Champion

Hello @tallal85 ,

FlexNet Manager 2022R2 uses a new logging engine (nlog) and I have seen a number of issue during the upgrade, as the log config files all located in C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging (for instance "WebUI.config") may not have been updated during the upgrade and still contain refrence to log4net.

You need to check the log config files and replace with the OOB. One (painul) way is to delete all the config files and re-run the configuration PowerShell that you run at the end of the application server installation or ask Support the files.

Then, you can check what error you get!

Hope it helps,

Nicolas

Just an FYI for anyone encountering logging issues after upgrading to 2022 R2 (or above) the following KB article talks about the issue and also provides the NLOG configuration files to save you reaching out to support:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Logs-not-generating-after-upgrading-to-FlexNet-Manager-Suite-On/ta-p/275399