cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocations - Does not allocate

This one has puzzled me for the last few days. Not finding answer on boards or documentation, or not clear to me. Hoping someone can shed some light

On the attached image you'll see I'm attempting to allocate 4 records to a license called "Java SE - NUP".   It is not currently allocated to anything but IS consuming against a license called "Java SE - Processor". Both have same products, I'm simply trying to force PC's to consume against one and servers to consume against the other

What am I doing wrong that the RED highlighted window on my attached states it will not allocate?

(7) Replies

Can you go to the license and allocate the devices under the Consumption tab?

@kathy_allen 

Yes, but it is consuming under my license called "Java SE - Processor",

I wish for it to consume under license "Java SE - NUP".  I'm assuming from reading that I can go to Apply Allocations and Exemptions, filter to the record set I wish to allocate. Call out the license to allocate then apply.  Or am I missing some steps along the way

Yes I would assume the same.  Do you have the devices exempted under any license?

@kathy_allen 

No, but this might help.  I see that it is now "Allocated" to the license I wish to allocate to.  But it is not consuming against this license. Those two Java licenses (I'm testing so ignore versions), both have same applications. The outcome after a reconcile process is run, would be that Java SE NUP is allocated and consuming (since it does that the product installed) and that license where it is current consuming and not allocated (Java SE - Processor) would no longer consume and move to my NUP license

I hope you can follow my thinking here.   Image attached

Yes I would assume the same.  A full reconcile will most likely need to run then you can check the results.

@kathy_allen 

I'll let it naturally run overnight the check. Will post my results.

Hi@caldwellb 

Did you manage to resolve this as I am having the same issue in that my Desktops with Java are not consuming the Java SE NUP even allocated.

Checked all the license properties against other Oracle NUP licenses but still no success.

Interested to see if you managed to get a resolution.

Cheers H