cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All discovered devices - IP Address in Name column

Hi,

we have configured a discovery and inventory rule to do a zero touch inventory. Rule discovered a device and did not queue zero touch inventory since it found that device has got agent installed.

Device is appearing on the All inventory.

But on All discovered devices page, We could see IP Address of the device on the Name column.why discovered devices page shows ip address instead of name?

Thank you
Sasi

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A likely explanation for an IP address appearing in discovery data like this is that the beacon that performed the discovery was unable to identify a name associated with the IP address using a reverse DNS lookup. To check that, login to the beacon and execute a command like "nslookup 10.35.72.126" for the IP address you are seeing and see if a name is returned.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A likely explanation for an IP address appearing in discovery data like this is that the beacon that performed the discovery was unable to identify a name associated with the IP address using a reverse DNS lookup. To check that, login to the beacon and execute a command like "nslookup 10.35.72.126" for the IP address you are seeing and see if a name is returned.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)