cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents are auto updating after upgrade to 2019R2

I've opened a Critical issue but not getting any response from support. Maybe someone on here has some ideas they could share.

I upgraded from 2018 R2 to 2019 R2 on Friday night. Ever since the upgrade the agents on devices are not upgrading and are getting errors with trying to retrieve the policy. We are having the same issues on a brand new machine and loading the agent for the first time.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas how to remedy ASAP???

[2/3/2020 10:57:58 AM (G, 0)] {7808} Download failure: Error 0xE0500194: 404 Not Found
[2/3/2020 10:57:58 AM (U, 0)] {7808} ERROR: Error (s107m855)
[2/3/2020 10:57:58 AM (U, 0)] {7808} ----------------
[2/3/2020 10:57:58 AM (U, 0)] {7808} The web server or proxy from which ManageSoft
is attempting to retrieve the application
returned the following HTTP error message:

Error 0xE0500194: 404 Not Found

Contact your network administrator or the
originating site's Webmaster for assistance.

(1) Solution

Support was awesome!

Something didn't get configured correctly when the Beacon was installed. 

We did the following:

• opened Beacon
  • opened Local web server
  • switched from IIS to No local web server and saved
  • switched back to IIS and saved
  • closed Beacon
  • restarted Beacon Engine service
  • opened Beacon

And BOOM - client was able to download the policy and the new agent! 🙂

View solution in original post

(14) Replies

Fixed Subject - is should have said they are NOT auto updating.

Hi @jaalstead,

This most likely is related to an issue in FNMS 2019 R2 that has been raised in this forum on Jan 16th.

We are waiting for Flexera support to provide a fix for this issue still. @mrichardson : Is there any update?

Best regards - Klaus

Hmmm....read through that thread - didn't seem like my issue, but not saying it isn't.

I can't believe it takes Flexera support this long to reply to a Critical issue. OH well..

Hi,

I have a stupid question, did you updated the beacons to the latest version? And enabled the autoupdate of the agents after all the beacon are updated to 2019R2?

Is the IIS started on the beacon server?

Yes - everything else is working just fine. Clients just aren't able to get the new policy to update the agent to latest version.

What is the exact file that the agent try to download? 

The issue is impacting all OS, or only a specific OS is impacted, like Linux, AIX, Windows

[2/4/2020 1:01:04 AM (N, 0)] {7400} Downloading “http://ITAM-FLEX-PROD.feddom.ad.fedins.com/ManageSoftDL/Policies/Merged/feddom.ad.fedins.com_domain/Machine/itam-sc-dev.npl?machinename=<my machines and IP here>” to “C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\NDL21387.npl”

[2/4/2020 1:01:04 AM (G, 0)] {7400} Download failure: Error 0xE0500194: 404 Not Found

Interestingly enough, when I traverse IIS I don't see the Merged folder under Policies.

http://ITAM-FLEX-PROD.feddom.ad.fedins.com/ManageSoftDL/Policies/Merged

Seems like the install should have managed this???

For me it seems that the beacon is not correct updated, some key parts like this folder is missing. May be someone else have some idea how to fix it.

That's what I'm thinking as well. 

Hopefully on a call with Flexera Support in a few mins. I'm guessing a re-install of the beacon is what will happen. I was going to try that, but didn't want to make things worse!

Thanks for helping!

Will see. 

I would suggest to run again on the batch server the update powershell scripts that you run during the upgrade, and if it's not working beacon reinstall.

But let's see what Flexera support had to say in this case.

Did you export and import the configuration file from all the child beacons ? Did  you happen to change the Sercvice Account password ?

1. Check your App Server and each Child Beacon server for "BadLogs" under %ProgramData%\Flexera Software\Incoming\BeaconStatus\BadLogs - check each log in this folder

2. on App Server check  under %ProgramData%\FlexeraSoftware\Compliance\Logging - check these logs (inventory Beacons, Web Resolves)

3. Check Time Zones on Servers

4. Ensure all services are running on each serveranything that starts with Flex

5. Restart IIS services if needed

6. Also Check your BeaconEngine logs on each child and app servers

Support was awesome!

Something didn't get configured correctly when the Beacon was installed. 

We did the following:

• opened Beacon
  • opened Local web server
  • switched from IIS to No local web server and saved
  • switched back to IIS and saved
  • closed Beacon
  • restarted Beacon Engine service
  • opened Beacon

And BOOM - client was able to download the policy and the new agent! 🙂