cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent third-party deployment - Redhat 7.9

Hello,

1) I used Agent third-party deployment to inventory a Redhat 7.9. In the /var/opt/managesoft/log, there are installation, policy, schedule, uploader and usageagent log and they seem ok (picture in attachment)  but no tracker log.

2) I ran service --status-all and there are mgsusageag.service and ndtask.service active

3) I also reconcile manually from Flexera portal, but the Redhat doesn't appear neither in All Discovered Device nor All Inventory. Beside, it has been 8 hours since agent was installed.

What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you so much.

(1) Solution

@anhpham1652 - WHen the agent gets installed, an inventory is not performed at that time.  It does not perform an inventory until the next scheduled time.  Assume that the inventory schedule is set for 8AM.  Here would be the sequence of events:

1) The agent is installed on Tuesday.

2) The inventory scan is run at 8AM on Wednesday.  The inventory is uploaded to FNMS.

3) On Wednesday night, the Compliance/Reconciliation Import runs.

4) On Thursday morning, you will see the inventory in FNMS.

I recommend changing the Inventory Schedule to run at 9 or 10 PM at night.  Now, the sequence of events will be:

1) The agent is installed on Tuesday, during the day.

2) The inventory scan runs at 10PM that night, and it uploaded to FNMS.

3) On Tuesday night, the Compliance/Reconcilation Import runs.

4) On Wednesday morning, you will see the inventory in FNMS.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@anhpham1652 - WHen the agent gets installed, an inventory is not performed at that time.  It does not perform an inventory until the next scheduled time.  Assume that the inventory schedule is set for 8AM.  Here would be the sequence of events:

1) The agent is installed on Tuesday.

2) The inventory scan is run at 8AM on Wednesday.  The inventory is uploaded to FNMS.

3) On Wednesday night, the Compliance/Reconciliation Import runs.

4) On Thursday morning, you will see the inventory in FNMS.

I recommend changing the Inventory Schedule to run at 9 or 10 PM at night.  Now, the sequence of events will be:

1) The agent is installed on Tuesday, during the day.

2) The inventory scan runs at 10PM that night, and it uploaded to FNMS.

3) On Tuesday night, the Compliance/Reconcilation Import runs.

4) On Wednesday morning, you will see the inventory in FNMS.

Hi @kclausen 

Thank you so much for the recommendation. Now I understand how the agent schedule work.

A quick question, I cannot inventory manually when using agent third-party deployment, right?

You can manually run a process to gather inventory regardless of how the agent was installed. An example of a command line to do this on UNIX-like operating systems is:

/var/opt/managesoft/bin/ndtrack -t Machine

This should be run as a user with root privileges.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)