cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent deployment via Microsoft Intune

Hi, 

Has anyone deployed FNMS agents via Intune for Windows Systems ? I have following queries

1. What all agent files are to be packaged ?

1. mgsetup.ini

2. Flexera Inventory Agent.msi

3. Data1.cab

4. ManageSoft upgrade agent

2. What parameters should we supply to make it a silent installation ?

Regards,

Jambunathan.V

(2) Replies

Hi,

Requirements for deploying Win32 Apps with Microsoft Intune are similar to requirements for deploying applications using Microsoft SSCM. Standard command line options for MSIEXEC can be used. However, configuration settings for the Flexera Agent should be provided using the 'mgssetup.ini' file included in the deployment package.

The required components for installing the Flexera agent are contained in the ZIP file that can be downloaded from the FNMS Web UI on the 'Discover & Inventory > Settings' page. In addition to the files and folder that you listed, the 'setup.ini' file should be included into your package.

In the FNMS online documentation, you find instructions on 3rd party deployment of the Flexera agent, as well as documentation how you can customize the Agent installation on Microsoft Windows.

For reference, here's another thread that discusses how to install the FlexNet inventory agent silently (including sample command lines):

How to run setup.exe to install agent for windows server without human interaction?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)