cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Data Comparison - BigFix vs Flexera agents

We use a hybrid agent inventory / discovery, i.e. BigFix and native Flexera agent bringing both pieces of data into FNMS. I naturally prefer a native Flexera agent to run discovery and inventory though I would like to know what gaps in data collections I might see in using the various agents such as BigFix vs the native agent?

(2) Replies

I have seen BigFix agents unable to identify SQL Server Edition, ended up having to install Flex Agent. Not sure if that is still the case.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't know many details of the BigFix agent specifically myself, but here is a list of some technologies and applications that the FlexNet agent will gather specialized data for above and beyond what is gathered by most other tools that gather generalized inventory:

• Oracle Database 9i, 10g, 11g, 11g Release 2, 12c
  • Various IBM server products, such as WebSphere MQ Queue Manager state via dspmq and Tivoli Storage Manager/Spectrum Protect
  • IBM products licensed on a sub-capacity basis
  • Unix partitioning: LPARs, Zones, nPars/vPars
  • Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, BizTalk Server
  • Adobe DC
  • Symantec Storage Foundation products
  • Platform-specific installation technologies including RPM, DEB, PKG, LPP, SDUX and IPS
  • Software installed using specialized 3rd party installer technologies including Oracle Universal Installer, InstallAnywhere, InstallShield Multiplatform, BEA and IBM Installation Manager
  • Microsoft Hyper-V running on Windows Server 2008 x64 to 2019
  • ISO 19770-2 software tag details
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)