cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom report to Flexnet Manager based on SQL

We need to add a custom report to the flexnet manager console reports tree that is more complex than the built in report writer can handle.  We are able to write the sql which can be turned into a viewtable.  But I cant find a way to add it to the grid_view list of reports to be run in the console. 

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some further posts which may help as examples to provide inspiration for configuring a report using a direct SQL query:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
By Anonymous
Not applicable

Easiest way I can think of is to create a custom report in the UI with field names that are similar to the one in your SQL view.  You can then search for the report in dbo.ComplianceSavedSearch and update the SearchSQL field with whatever you want to run. You just have to make sure that the column names from your SQL output are in sync with the expected column names in the UI report. There's probably a way to change the column names too, but off the top of my head I'm not sure

By Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use this as a reference for how to create a custom FNMS report from scratch

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Knowledge-Base/Oracle-Inventory-Quality-Troubleshooting-Custom-Report/ta-p/185205

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here are some further posts which may help as examples to provide inspiration for configuring a report using a direct SQL query:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)