cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Expiry Threshold

Has anyone successfully added a expiry threshold to the FNMS application user interface?  The available thresholds are 7 days, 14 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and Overdue.  I want to add 120 days as an option.

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you elaborate on what particular expiry setting you are looking at here? I can't immediately think what part of the application user interface you would be looking at in relation to this question.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Hardware Assets | Lease Expiry menu options display the view.

Changing the drop down list on the Hardware Assets > Asset Lease Expiry grid page would indeed require a product change - the values in the list are not configurable.

You could try configuring a custom report to show the data you are after rather than using this built-in grid page.

With that said, your question has made me wonder why this grid page is even there. Asset records used to have a Lease end date property on them (which I would guess is the key property behind determine which records should be shown in this grid). However that property was obsoleted and removed many years ago. (Strictly, the property does still exist in the underlying FlexNet database schema, but it is not generally exposed anymore.) I'm thinking that the page you're looking at here is probably a vestige of that old property, and should probably have been removed at the time the Lease end date property was removed.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I assume that this is for the License and Maintenance Expiry view.  As far as I know, the values in the drop-down list for the filter is fixed and cannot be enhanced.

I suggest submitting an enhancement request.  Personally, I would like to see additional values added to the filter as well, such as 180 days.

Kirk